Transfer Close Screen Posts TRAN_DATA Negative Postings With Shipment Date as TRAN_DATE
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), the TSFCLOSE (transfer close) screen posts TRAN_DATA negative postings with the shipment date as TRAN_DATE. This occurs when a shipment is not yet received and the transfer is closed.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an item and assign locations to it. Approve the item.
- Make sure the sending locations have STOCK_ON_HAND.
- Create a transfer for the item and approve it.
- Change the VDATE to a date pertaining to some previous open accounting period.
- Ship the transfer.
- Change the VDATE to SYSDATE.
- Do not receive the transfer. Go to the transfer in edit mode and close it.
- Note the TRAN_DATA table is populated with TRAN_DATE same as the SHIP_DATE.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms