Customer Updater Going Down On Server Restart After Upgrade to ECE PS6
Last updated on JULY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading ECE PS5 to ECE PS6, following issues were observed around customer updater :
* Previously the system had ECE PS5, as a part of IP2 upgrade it got updated to ECE PS6.
* After upgrade, the customerUpdater was up, able to create customers and chargeoffers. Some of them were created.
* Due to some issue, ecs server went down
* For re-starting of components, followed the below sequence:
-- All BRM processes are up, WebLogic and transformations are up as well.
-- start ecs
-- start configLoader
-- start pricingUpdater
-- Imported metadata, config and pricing
-- start customerUpdater
* While starting customerUpdater, it is attempting to start, then throwing error and is going down with error like "Chargeoffering 552070 is invalid.."
* The chargeoffer in question is of /service type and a purchase fees, which is used for only BRM and PDC; it has no use in ECE (as it is not meant for usage). But when submitted in PDC, it is synced to ece cache but without externalID.
After the above issue was resolved (see Solution section), a new error is thrown by customerUpdater while starting up.
During startup of Customer Updater (CU), it seems to be looking up for charge offers (CO) not present in ECE cache and failing at such times.
So the question is: Is it true that CU looks for COs which are not present in ECE cache?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms