"User authentication failed. Please re-enter the password." When Upgrading to P6 Professional Standalone 15.2 (64-bit) Using an Oracle XE Database
(Doc ID 2066389.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to upgrade from P6 PPM v7.0 and later to v15.2 (64-bit) using an Oracle XE database, the following error occurs:
User authentication failed. Please re-enter the password.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to the P6 Professional 15.2 Media Pack location on the local computer (P6_Pro_152)
2. Double click the setup.exe file.
3. Click Next with the default 64-bit option selected in the P6 Professional 15.2 Setup Welcome screen.
4. Select Typical for the installation.
5. Enter the password for the Oracle XE system account.
6. The reported error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document