Issue With Database Reconnect Semaphore
(Doc ID 2066915.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To explain why semaphore is working only after Pipeline completes the current transaction in the below scenario.
* Turn off the database while rating a file with thousands of CDR. This results in a message "connection lost to database", which is correct.
* This message however occurs for each CDR to be rated and there is a time out of about 2-3 seconds between 2 messages.
* So there will be a total wait of 2sec * 150k CDRs before the rating of the file is over (if there are 150k CDR left).
* Use a semaphore to reconnect to the db, but the semaphore is not taken into account until the rating transaction that is currently in process is done (wait time = 2sec * 150k CDR).
* So it might be quicker to kill the pipeline and restart it, but in doing so, the semaphore does not serve its purpose.
* So below questions arise in this context :
- is there a way for the pipeline to stop rating a file when the error "connection lost to database" occurs ?
- is there a way to make the time out(2-3 sec) shorter ?
- is there a way to make the pipeline to take the semaphore into account without waiting for the current file to be processed ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!