Layouts Using a Group or Sort With Project Level Activity Codes Are Lost After Importing Using Primavera XML
(Doc ID 2067184.1)
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing projects using the Primavera XML import (including project level layouts in the import), if the layouts are using project activity codes in the group and sort configuration, the project level layouts are losing the group and sort configuration.
Layouts using project level activity codes do not lose the group and sort after import process.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE
- Login to P6 Professional
- Create a new project with activities and 2 project activity codes
- Assign project activity codes to the activities
- Select View > Group and Sort > Customize
- Group By the project activity codes
- Select View > Layout > Save Layout As
- Change Layout Name and make the layout available to Project and select the project created in step 2
- Select File > Export > Primavera P6 (XML) > Check "Export all project level layouts" > Finish
- Import the zip file into another database using P6 and then select the project level layout.
- See the group and sort configuration is lost. Note that the project activity codes don't show in the group and sort list until you add a new value project activity code.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document