Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) 14.1.x, for a user that has no return reason code assigned and has only read only rights to the return screen, when clicking an existing return the system crashes with error.
Steps to Recreate:
- Make sure the system has a few returns to warehouse already completed.
- Create a Return 'read only' role where only the following PC permissions are provided:
- Access Returns
- Access Shipping Receiving
- View Return BOL
- Make sure the role does not have any data permissions.
- Assign a user within SIM the role created in Step 2. The user should have only this role for a store.
- Log in as the user created in step 4.
- Go to Shipping and Receiving -> Returns and double click on any return.
- 'A Severe System Error has occurred. Please contact system administrator' error is thrown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms