Error 500 when Configuring Template Based Product After PRILOC Location is Changed
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error Configuring Template based product after a Priloc location was changed.
Users receiving Error 500 -- internal server error when configuring Ethernet Product for the order.
Customer had some kind of address corruption and got the problem, but the problem can be replicated as following.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Search and Open a PSR order or create a new one - Add an Ethernet Bundled Product
2. Configure product for an Ethernet Virtual connection service (e.g. Ethernet Virtual EPL/EVPL)
using an existing location address (can create a new one if desired)
3. Enter Value Labels as needed to complete the order.
4. Assign a Circuit ID to the connection
5. Validate the order. Save (e.g. click the Order Information link )
6. Navigate the and select the Ethernet Virtual connection
7. Click on the Priloc/Secloc table - DELETE the Priloc Address
8. Right-Click the Ethernet Virtual connection item - choose Configure Product ...
9. MSS throws the following error message:
In the case of Customer issue - there was a Priloc address, but it could not be searched in MSS and did not exist in the database.
For this reason MSS could not find an address and is throwing the error message. The message should be more user friendly.
ERROR MESSAGE (depend on some internal configuration):
(a) Error 500--Internal Server Error
The issue has the following business impact:
User not able to configure the circuits on this order for Ethernet bundle product.
OTHER SIMILAR INSTANCE OF THE ERROR
Doc ID 1937214.1
End User Location errors when changing existing Location Name within PSR Ordering Dialog window; "End User Location not found", "java.lang.NullPointerException" and "Error 500--Internal Server Error"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms