MSS Crashing with Error 2 Message While Opening A Circuit From SONET Assignment Tool
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MSS is crashing with Error Msg #2 while trying to open a circuit, during a Network Provisioning Assistant session to make a Sonet assignment.
Problem happens when trying to open a circuit during the Drop Node Equipment assignment phase, under the Equipment Inventory step.
1. Open a circuit that has a Network System facility assignment
2. Assign a new Facility using the Route option
3. Use a suitable Network System mark SONET/SDH Route - unmark: Net Route (User/Protected)
Use FNI: BESPHUFF - Include:
4. System finds a suitable network route
5. Open the Hierarchy and expose the firs DS1 position available
6. Assign it to the circuit (Assign Connection)
7. The Network Provisioning Assistant kicks in
8. Select Channels window opens - choose a suitable one
BESPHUFF - Segment BESPKXAO02-HUFFKYAAO01
9. Navigate down the positions list and assign circuit to port # 232
10. Select Drop Node Equipment window opens: Modify Search
Search for Location = BESPKYST (any other will serve)
11. Equip Inventory window opens - Navigate and Open as following:
RR-2 - position 03 MX SONET shelf - CARD 0315 Card Adtran
12. Select ckt: A101%T3Z%BESPKST%BESPKXA1DW and right-click Open Conn Design
13. MSS throws an Error message a number of times with different line script and closes:
Error Number 2.
Error text = Null object reference.
Window/Menu/Object = tv_channelhier.
Error Object/Control = tv_channelhier.
Script = oe_assigncircuit.
Line in Script = 397.
14. The problem does not happen if user starts the process by opening an
existing Sonet block and following steps (7) forward.
User should avoid opening a circuit during a Network Provisioning Assistant session.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms