ORPOS Transactions Not Being Sent to SIM Due to "Unable to insert duplicate transactions." Error In SIM
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (ORSIM) is integrated with Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) , transactions are resent from POS if a positive acknowledge message is not received from SIM due to a network issue or timeout etc. In such a situation SIM fails to insert the transactions into the STAGED_MESSAGE_TABLE with the following error and this cause POS to resend the transactions therefore rest of the transactions remain on the POS server.
Steps to Reproduce :
1. Ring sales and return transactions in POS
2. Make sure they are sent to SIM via webservice
3. Disable the network just at the time when SIM tries to send an acknowledge message back to POS
4. POS resends the transactions from the queue
5. The next transaction fails in SIM
6. The transactions are not deleted from the POS directory queue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms