External UIN not Added to SIM Database Table ITEM_UIN_PROBLEM When Item is Sold in ORPOS
(Doc ID 2073912.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
External UINs that are sold in Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) when Store Inventory Management (SIM) is offline are being processed by SIM once the connection is established and ORPOS sends the transaction to the SIM database table MPS_STAGED_MESSAGE. The item's Stock On Hand (SOH) is decremented by 1; however, there is no record of the UIN in the SIM tables.
Steps to Reproduce:
- ORPOS is integrated with SIM via Webservices.
- Allow External UIN set to No in SIM.
1. Shut down the connection between POS and SIM
2. Sell a serialized item (Example: “11111”) with some non-existing UIN (say “ClarenceXXX”) in ORPOS.
3. Restart the Store Server/SIM to bring the system online.
4. The transaction is processed in SIM. SOH is decremented for the item. However, not that there is no entry in SIM database table ITEM_UIN_PROBLEM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document