Change Of Rounding Precision For Proration Between BRM 7.3.1 And 7.5 PS13
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
* After an upgrade from 731 to 75PS13, it was observed that there is a change of rounding precision during calculation of pro-ration (scale)
* In particular, it was noticed that there is a change in the length of the value stored in PERCENT field of EVENT_BAL_IMPACTS_T table.
The following test was performed on 731 and 75PS13:
* Cycle Forward Product with scaled amount = 48.99$
* Period for pro-ration: Feb 24, 2015 (earned_start_t) to Mar 01, 2015 (earned_end_t)
* pin_beid values for resource amount were not be changed between the two versions and are the standard one provided out of box
The pro-rated event created during product purchase has the following values:
event_bal_impacts_t.amount = 8.16
event_bal_impacts_t.percent = 0.166666666666666 (15 decimal digits)
In 7.5 SP13:
event_bal_impacts_t.amount = 8.17
event_bal_impacts_t.percent = 0.1666666666667 (13 decimal digits)
Is there a change from max 15 digits to max 13 digits between the two releases?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms