Issues While Using WIP_CODE Larger Than 6 Characters Long
Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The WIP_CODES table allows setting up WIP_CODE up to 9 characters long. However when SCP parameter for 'first_time_sku' is set to a WIP code larger than 6 characters long, the receiving publisher adapter gets shut down and thus receipts in RWMS application do not get subscribed in RMS. An inventory mismatch results.
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a WIP code with length greater than 6 characters.
- Assign that WIP code to system control parameter (SCP) 'first_time_sku'.
- Create a purchase order (PO) with a new item.
- Receive the PO in RWMS.
- The RWMS Receiving Publisher Adapter will shut down and send no message. Stock update will be sent out of RWMS, which will create a stock order mismatch.
- Check RMS table ITEM_LOC_SOH to see that no updates were made.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms