When Attempting to Create a Dynamic Field Menu Using Xlut_set_men_prf and Entries in Column of Created Menu Are Too Long, Java Client Crashes
(Doc ID 2078341.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a menu using xlut_set_men_prf as pre-field-usx having one of the columns parameter a string that is more than 1129 characters the Java Client crashes and loses connection to the server.
Connection to <machine> lost
This crash also happens if in the Mask defined in the QueryMask parameter of the userexit xlut_set_men_prf, the field with length bigger than 1129 characters has a virtual width defined big enough to display the 1129 characters.
Pre-field userexit to create a dynamic field menu for lookup tables. The general feature of this function is to show a user a readable representation of id values.
- Create an entity (e.g CCC_COSTIN) with a corresponding table (e.g CCC_COSTIN) having two fields: CCC_COSTIN.ID (type: I3) and CCC_COSTIN.COMMENT(type S2000). Add a new entry and make sure you add a string larger than 1129 characters in the COMMENT field.
- Create a new entity (e.g. CCC_COSTIN1) with a corresponding table (e.g CCC_COSTIN1) having one field: CCC_COMMENT (type S2000) and define a new default form (e.g CCC_COSTIN1_SFR)
- Go the second entity form (e.g CCC_COSTIN1_SFR) and access the Field Assignments and make sure the Wid/vir is set to 2000.
- In the Pre/Field-Userexit of the COMMENT, add the userexit xlut_set_men_prf (e.g. xlut_set_men_prf /Id=CCC_COSTIN.ID /Target=CCC_COSTIN1.COMMENT /Menu=EDB-SOL-RUL-MEN /Entity=CCC_COSTIN /Columns=COMMENT) )
- Open the second entity form (e.g CCC_COSTIN1_SFR) and click on Insert button.
- The Java Client crashes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document