Transaction Missing Due to Failure During Insertion of Data in LE_HST_TL; "java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint violated"
(Doc ID 2079308.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.4.8, transactions go missing when performed in offline mode. Once the register comes online, some transactions fail to persist to the database and fail with the following error in the server-side queue exception file:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Make sure that patches for bugs 20585663, 20575030, 21029352, 21547015 & 21531265 are applied on top of ORPOS version 13.4.8.
- Log in to POS while online and make sure that new store day has been opened.
- Open Till 001 on Reg 001 for a particular business date in online mode.
- Take POS offline by shutting down the ORPOS server.
- Perform around 30 transactions in offline mode.
- Now close and reconcile Till 001 from Reg 001.
- Open Till 002 on Reg 001.
- Perform some transactions.
- Start the Server and bring POS back online.
- Log off and log on again on Client with current till ID (002).
- Perform some transactions while the transactions are processing from queues which were done with Till 001. (i.e., before transactions done in step 4).
- Notice that transactions are missing once the register comes online. Some of the transactions fail to persist in database and fail with the error shown above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document