AIP Scaling Container Constraints "Tolerance" Field handing of Fractional Values (Decimal) when Windows Regional Set to non-English Language
Last updated on DECEMBER 07, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Advanced Inventory Planning - Version 13.2.3 to 14.1 [Release 13.2 to 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Advanced Inventory Planning (AIP) when the Windows Regional settings are set to a non-English language, there is an issue with the fractional values for the AIP Scaling Container Constraints Tolerance field. When the Windows Regional settings are English, there is no issue with the fractional values for the Tolerance field. The application is not saving the values with locale specific decimal symbols in the database, except for English. It may allow the user to enter and save the Tolerance decimal values with locale specific decimal symbols in the real time, however the database is not updating with the correct fractional value. Some users experience an Error when trying to save the Tolerance fractional value "Cannot insert the data".
Steps to Reproduce:
This is not language specific, use any non-English language setting. This example updates Windows settings to Spanish.
1. Change the language to Spanish under Format tab in Region and Language in Windows 7.
2. Change the display language to Spanish under Administrative tab in Region and Language in Windows 7 Enterprise.
3. Change the System Locale to Spanish under Administrative tab in Region and Language in Windows 7 Professional.
4. Log into AIP Online application.
5. Navigate to AIP Scaling > Container Constraints > Tolerance field .
6. Update the Tolerance field by entering a fractional value e.g. 1.3 or 1,3.
7. Save the changes.
8. If the changes are saved without an Error "Cannot insert the data", log out and log into AIP and return to the Tolerance field, notice the fractional value is not correct. For example, the value saved in real time was 1,3 and upon logging back into AIP and reviewing the change it now reflects as 13.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms