Rounding Issue With The Currency Balances
Last updated on MAY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11.1.0]
Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : ECE 22.214.171.124.0 version, Rating business logic
* In PDC, configured a passthrough product and in ECE, usage event is passed with pre-rated amount which must impact the balances of the account.
* Setup the configurations which are mentioned as per the ECE documentation for the rounding in the charging-settings.xml.
* Rounding setting in the charging-settings.xml are as mentioned below:
* Passed the usage event with 30.65 and it is expected that the balances of the account must be updated with 30.65 only, but in this case it is rounding to 31.0 and the balances are updated as 31 in the ECE balance cache as well as in the BRM DB (event_bal_imacts_t).
* Pass the usage event with 30.10 and it is expected that the balance must be updated as 30.10 in the account balances in ECE and BRM , but the actual result is 30.0 which is getting updated in the ECE and BRM balances.
It is rounding to the nearest values and updating the balances, why?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms