""com.oracle.retail.sim.integration.services.postransactionservice.v1.IllegalSt ateWSFaultException: SYSTEM_ERROR" When Duplicate Transactions Are Sent to SIM from POS
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (ORSIM) is integrated with Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), transactions are resent from POS if a positive acknowledge message is not received from SIM due to a network issue or timeout, etc. In such a situation SIM fails to insert the transactions into the STAGED_MESSAGE_TABLE with the following error and this causes POS to resend the transactions instead of deleting the transactions from SIM Transaction Queue.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Ring sales and return transactions in POS.
- Make sure they are sent to SIM via WebService.
- Disable the network just at the time when SIM tries to send an acknowledge message back to POS.
- POS keeps the transactions in the queue and resends again.
- The next transaction fails in SIM.
- The transactions are not deleted from the POS queue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms