A Change Order (ECO) for an Item Does not Appear under the Changes tab of an Affected Item in Agile PLM When the Change Order (ECO) is Created from MCAD connector
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Agile Product LifeCycle Management 9.3.3 with SolidWorks MCAD connector 3.4.0. When assigning a change order (ECO) from MCAD connector and placing the Item on the ECO then saving it back to Agile PLM, the user notices that the Item is not put under the Changes tab of the Affected Item in Agile Web Client.
The Item should be displayed under Changes tab
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
I. Create new part in SolidWorks
II. Save Preview from SolidWorks to assign item number (folder version 1 created and related item created in Agile)
- From SolidWorks go to Tools --> Agile --> Save Preview
- Select your part from the upper section of your "Agile Save Preview" Window
- Right click the part then select "Edit Properties"
- In the item field select from the second drop down list:
- Select :"Surgical Instruments" then select autoNumber button to get an an item number
- Put an item description
- Select the "autonumber" button for the Design section to get a design number
- Click continue. Notice that the part is successfully saved into Agile
- Login to Agile PLM to see the part that was saved from the MCAD connector
III. Save Preview again from SolidWorks. Create ECO. Assign ECO to item. ECO is created. Item is not put on the affected items tab, under the Changes tab.
- Go back to SolidWorks, use the same part that was used before
- Select Tools --> Agile --> Save Preview
- Agile Save preview window shows up
- Create new change order(ECO) using AutoNumber button located at the lower section of Agile Save Preview window.
- Highlight/select the part in the lower section of the Agile Preview Window, right click select "Assign change"
- Click continue
- Login to Agile PLM then go to the "Changes" tab of the part, the change order that was created in the Agile Save preview window in SolidWorks connector is missing! and this is the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms