Wrong Gift Card Data is Used While Searching by Gift Card in Return Transaction Flow
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.3.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After swiping the Gift Card in a return by searching through Gift Card and getting "No Transaction Found" dialogue, if we change/correct the gift card manually, previous swipe card data is used to search the transaction. As a result, no transactions are returned.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create 2 gift cards (examples: 60038898989898, 60038343434343).
- Perform a sale with gift card 60038898989898.
- Now try to perform a return using search of gift card. Enter 2nd gift card (i.e., 60038343434343), which is not associated with a sale transaction. Proceed, and a 'Transaction Not Found' screen appears.
- Touch Yes. Gift Card search screen appears with GC number and item number pre-populated.
- Change the gift card number to 60038898989898 (correct number) and press Next.
- Note that the application still shows the message as 'no transaction found'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms