How to have an advanced function always return the current date (today) and why the reserve word "today" does not work
Last updated on MAY 18, 2016
Applies to:Primavera Portfolio Management - Version 9.0SP1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a category calculated from an advanced functioin, and have it always return the current date.
The reserved word "today" does not always return the current date, for e.g. the case below.
1. Create new category of type date called myToday
2. create new category of type intereger called testValue
3. make the myToday category calculated. Create an Advanced Function and add
the following code:
4. On a scorecard, display both of these categories.
5. Right click on the testValue category and click on trend.
6. Click on 'Add'. On the next screen, enter 100 in the value and 26 Oct 2015
as the as-of date. Make sure no values were entered for the category with the
7. Save it.
8. Refresh the screen. The myToday category on the Scorecard return 26 Oct
2015, instead of the current date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms