Repeated Connections to CM Leads to Exhaustion of Limit Set in "Cm_max_connects"
(Doc ID 2083242.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- In a customer production system, when Customer Center attempts log in to Connection Manager (CM), and it fails due to an error, then onwards it is trying to re-connect repeatedly and this is resulting in the number of CM connections grow upto the limit (cm_max_connects = 2000)
- After this no further connections are allowed to CM
- Below is CM pinlog snippet:
- Once the maximum CM connection limit is reached, the below message is printed in the CM pinlog :
CMm limiting: max 2000
1) What is the reason of the error "bad 1st pcp_receive: op 981"?
2) What is the reason of maximum CM connection limit being reached and how to overcome it?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document