Item Induction Process Cannot Maintain Parent/child Relationship When Generating Item Numbers
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 to 14.1.2 [Release 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When certain fields (including PACK_IND and XFORM_ITEM_IND) are not part of an item induction template, the process cannot maintain the proper parent/child relationship and the item induction process will attempt to load child items before parent items, resulting in errors indicating ‘Invalid item’ for ‘Parent Item'
Steps To Recreate:
- Create Template for ITEM induction where PACK_IND and XFORM_ITEM_IND is not required.
- Create a spreadsheet based on above template to have Grand Parent/Parent and child relationship
- Upload above spreadsheet to staging tables.
- Upload staging tables to RMS
- See child item failed with Invalid Item ( Invalid Parents), although Parent items created successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms