Transaction Allocation Screen - Data Entry and Validation Errors
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A number of issues reported with the Transaction Allocation Screen - Premium Allocation Change activity
1. Allocation defaults to current premium allocation - if the user tries to change one of the entries then all are reset to 0.
2. The fund limit is set to the current number of allocations even though no fund limit has been configured.
3. If the user deletes a fund all of the other details are cleared.
4. If the user deletes a fund then the fund limit is decreased.
5. When the details have been cleared the system allows the user to click 'OK' bypassing the 100% validation.
6. If the user changes the details and then clicks 'OK' ; going back into the activity displays the old data not the saved data
7. If there is an existing activity that has a percent transfer and the user recycles the activity, then the allocation changes to 'Amount' and the percentages are cleared.
1. The user should be able to modify any entry without the other allocation funds being disturbed.
2. Fund limits are established by configuration and not by the number of funds that have been stored or temporarily displayed by default.
3. When a fund is deleted from the allocation, no other allocation fund details should be modified.
4. Fund limits are established by configuration. A limit does not change when funds are deleted from an allocation. The limit will stay the same through out the screen presentation and validation.
5. Validations should be executed with each submission of the allocation screen. These validations should include a sum of allocation percents to 100%.
6. When an activity is saved and the entry screen allows for entry of allocations, the allocations should also be saved. Re-presentation of the saved allocation should present the saved data.
7. Recycling an activity with percent transfer should retain the percentages rather than change to Amount.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Add Premium Allocation Change activity.
a. Try to change the percentage of an entry - all percentages change to 0%
b. Try to delete an entry - all other details are cleared and fund limit is decreased.
c. Click on OK and then go back into the activity, changes are not saved.
d. Delete all 4 and try to add four new entries.
e. Recycle an existing activity which used percent transfer - Percentages are changed to Amount
Due to this issue, users cannot support business needs for Allocations.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms