When Setting PublishAttachments to PDF the Drawing's Item (Or It's Model Item) Has Not Only the PDF Attached But Also the Native CAD File
(Doc ID 2084365.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Collaboration - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Agile 9.3.4 with the SolidWorks connector MCAD 3.4 it is not populating the item attachment with the correct viewables as configured in the CAXConfig.xml. Current configuration within the CAXConfig.xml is set for PDF only for item attachment but the result is the PDF and the CAD objects i.e. slddrw. The expected behavior is that only the PDF should get checked in.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open CAXConfig.xml and set PublishAttachments to "PDF".
- Start CAD tool and create a part and a drawing.
- Open the MCAD preferences and set viewable generation for drawings to "PDF".
- Save the drawing with new items into PLM.
- Result: the drawing's item (or its model item) has not only the PDF attached but also the native CAD file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document