When Setting PublishAttachments to PDF the Drawing's Item (Or It's Model Item) Has Not Only the PDF Attached But Also the Native CAD File
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Collaboration - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Agile 9.3.4 with the SolidWorks connector MCAD 3.4 it is not populating the item attachment with the correct viewables as configured in the CAXConfig.xml. Current configuration within the CAXConfig.xml is set for PDF only for item attachment but the result is the PDF and the CAD objects i.e. slddrw. The expected behavior is that only the PDF should get checked in.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open CAXConfig.xml and set PublishAttachments to "PDF".
- Start CAD tool and create a part and a drawing.
- Open the MCAD preferences and set viewable generation for drawings to "PDF".
- Save the drawing with new items into PLM.
- Result: the drawing's item (or its model item) has not only the PDF attached but also the native CAD file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms