When Creating a New Global Search and Replace the New Feature Stays in Pending Indefinitely
Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : P6 Application
When creating a new Global Search and Replace the job remains in a pending status.
This only occurs with an environment that has separate job services.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In P6 Web, click on ‘Global search and Replace’ sign. Dialog box opens up titled “Create New or Existing Template”.
2. Create a template using ‘+’ “Add Template” sign.
3. Enter New Template details after selecting Project(s) and click on ‘Next’ button. Enter details for ‘Subject Area’, ‘Define Search Criteria’ and ‘Define Replace Criteria’.
4. Ensure template created is correct by checking details in P6 Web.
5. Click on Save button to save the template successfully.
6. Message seen “Template has been saved successfully”.
7. Click on ‘Apply’ button.
8. Dialog box ‘Review Changes’ opens up where user can select the template(s) one wants to apply. Select the template and click on ‘Replace’ button.
9. Message “A Global Replace job has been submitted successfully.” is shown.
10 Click on Actions, ‘View Service Status’ to check status of job.
11. Service ‘Global Replace’ shows with status as “Pending”.
12. Click on Actions, ‘Global Search and Replace’. Select the template and click on ‘Replace’ button (in order to trigger another run).
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the Global Search and Replace feature.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms