Unable To Create EWO With Desired Due Date in the Past
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are unable to create EWO with Desired Due Date in the past.
Preference to allow orders with a past due desired due date was set to 'Y'.
This procedure works for PSRs, but users are receiving an error when applying same to EWO's which need to have due date in the past for documentation purposes.
Users should be able to enter EWO orders with Due Date in the past.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create a new EWO order
2. Enter a Desired Due Date in the past and Save order
3. MSS will not save the order and displays the error message:
" Due Date is in the Past Date, Due Date should at least be a day greater than the current date. "
EWOs are entered for some orders as an "after the fact", which indicates that the work was already processed in the network, but the order is being entered to document the change.
On this "after the fact" order, the original due date of the work needs to be captured.
With the current error message, the order must be entered with a current due date and the original due date must be entered elsewhere.
1. Set Preferences - Service Request to Allow Past Due Desired Due Date = Y
2. Enter the EWO order with Desired Due Date in the future
3. Save order and Edit the Desired Due Date
4. Enter the target date in the past
5. MSS will allow the change and will issue a supplement for the action (this actually documents the procedure).
6. Complete (finish) the order entry and assign tasks.
Provisioning occurs normally.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms