Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.3.1 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Pipeline Manager
* The user is getting invalid item POID error when rating the CDR because the billing had not happened for that account.
* To avoid this, the user included FCT_TriggerBill module and then recycling those suspended CDR's using pin_recycle utility.
* Using "FCT_TriggerBill" module and "pin_recycle" utility one after the other to recycle the suspended CDR's, billing is happening ok for these accounts, but when executing the pin_recycle utility, the status of the CDR's in "suspended_usage_t" table changed from 0 to 1 and remains at 1. The CDR is not getting recycled too. One would expect the status to change to 2 for a successful recycling of CDR.
* As per observation, out of around 1000 records, 700 records are failing to get recycled, the rest are recycled without any issues.
* The pipeline also throws CRITICAL errors in this scenario.
Error snippet from pipeline log :
Expected Behavior :
EDRs should get recycled properly.
Steps to reproduce :
- Created 13 CDR's with each CDR having around 200 detail records (EDR's) in it
Some of the EDR's in the CDR's need FCT_TriggerBill module to get rated.
- Pushed the CDR's to get rated
The EDR's which need FCT_TriggerBill module went to suspend, and then Billing is triggered and billing is done for those accounts.
- Checked in the "suspended_usage_t" table before running pin_recycle utility
The account had all the suspended EDR's with recycle_key as "Trigger_Billing" and the status was 0.
- Executed pin_recycle utility by using the following command:
"pin_recycle -k Trigger_Billing"
- Checked again the "suspended_usage_t" table
The status was 1 and the EDR's are not successfully recycled.
Due to this issue, the user cannot recycle the suspended CDRs using pin_recycle utility and the balance impact is not getting applied for those affected accounts.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms