Base Deposit Recommendation Algorithm Calculates A Huge Amount And Also Encounters System Error
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
System error (caused by division over zero) is encountered when a Service Agreement (SA),configured to require bill determinants and linked to an SP with and installed meter, attempts to
compute for the proration factors of a calculation rule.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Assume an account linked to a service agreement (SA). This SA should be of SA type with a Special Role Flag of Bill Determinants Required. Additionally, this SA should be in turn tied to a service point (SP) with a meter installed to it.
2. Go to Account – Main
3. Go to Service Agreement – Main: SA Type is set to ZZSABD (California / Test SA for Bill Determinants).
4. SA Type – Detail: Definition of SA Type California / ZZSABD (Test SA for Bill Determinants).
5. Setup an SA type with its Special Role Flag set to Cash Deposit.
6. SA Type – Detail: Definition of SA Type California / DEP-R (Deposit for residential customer) with
Deposit Class set to RES (Residential Deposit Class)
7. Ensure that the SA type’s Deposit Class has a Recommendation Algorithm defined of algorithm type DEPRECOM-MBA (Recommend Deposit Based on Maximum Bill Amount).
8. Deposit Class – Main: Recommendation Algorithm is defined.
9. Algorithm – Main: Algorithm definition of the plugged-in recommendation algorithm; of type DEPRECOM-MBA (Recommend Deposit Based On Maximum Bill Amount).
10. Attempt to start a deposit SA on the account, using the previously set-up deposit SA type.
11. Start SA Confirmation: Attempt to start a Deposit SA on 09/25/2013.
12. On the Start SA Confirmation popup, click on the Recommend Deposit Amount button. A system error will be encountered.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms