Changing Connection Spec For ASR Virtual Circuit MSS Crashes With ERROR 2
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue was observed in MSS Version 126.96.36.1998 and ASR47.0.0.b27
The application crashes with an "Error Number 2" in Connection Design after changing the Connection Specification for an ASR Virtual circuit then clicking the Connection Summary 'Additional Detail' link.
Error Number 2.
Error text = Null object reference.
Window/Menu/Object = u_tab_cd_virtual_addldetail.
Error Object/Control = u_tab_cd_virtual_addldetail.
Script = oe_retrieve.
Line in Script = 8.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an ASR order with EVC type 'A'.
2. Assign a Provisioning Plan for the order having a DLRD task.
3. Open the DLRD task to access the Connection Design Connection Summary.
4. Click the "Connection Specification: None" link in the Connection Summary Network system section.
5. Choose any specification.
6. Click the Connection Specification.
7. Change the connection specification and the following message displays:
"The Originating Element and Network could not be determined."
8. Click OK to the message and a white canvas screen displays with issue details.
9. Click any of the links under 'Provisioning' of the Connection Summary and the application terminates.
Work around to change the connection spec:
a. Assign the originating network and terminating element first.
b. Navigate to schematic design and verify the element graphics are populated in the connection summary.
c. Back to connection summary main page.
d. Try to change the connection spec of the circuit; it will change without any issues.
e. Assign terminating element for the spec.
Note: Without Navigate to schematic design, work around will not work.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms