OFSAA PFT 8.0.1: Larger Value Used for Dimension ID = 99999999999999 Causes Allocations to Fail With ORA- 01438 Errors
(Doc ID 2091999.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management - Version 8.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management (PFT)
In PFT 8.0.1, when using dimension ID = 99999999999999 as the default member in the current setup to run an allocation, this fails. If running the same allocation, using dimension ID= -1, or any other smaller value instead of 99999999999999 it works.
ORA- 01438: value larger than specified precision allowed
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to PFT > Rule Specification > Allocation Specifications and define a new one.
2. Select Static Driver as Allocation Type
3. Select source table name: Commercial Loans
4. Select "+" Operator
5. Select Management Ledger as Output and dimension ID = 99999999999999 under General Ledger Account for Debit
6. Select Management Ledger as Output and dimension ID = 99999999999999 under General Ledger Account for Credit
7. Save and run
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document