Last updated on DECEMBER 29, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Retail Merchandising System (RMS), we find that a Store to Warehouse store order originating in Store Inventory Management (SIM) is rejected by RMS, even when stock on hand exists at the primary virtual warehouse.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Find an item that is ranged as follows:
a. Ranged to a primary virtual warehouse (ex: 10002) of a physical warehouse (ex: 2)
b. Ranged to a non-primary virtual warehouse (ex: 10001) of the same physical warehouse
c. Ranged to a store that can be accessed in SIM
2. Ensure that the stock on hand (SOH) for the item at the above locations is as follows:
a. Positive quantity at the primary virtual warehouse (ex: 5)
b. Zero quantity at the non-primary virtual warehouse (ex: 0)
c. Some quantity at the store
3. In SIM, create a store order for the item and the physical warehouse for a quantity that is less than available at the primary virtual warehouse (ex: 2)
4. Note that the store order is rejected with the error "The store order is being rejected by the ordering engine business rules. Please check the log file for details."
5. Check the sim.log file and note that the store order is rejected due to no SOH at the non-primary virtual warehouse.
Example error message: "com.retek.rsl.StatusException: Status code:E, Status Message:The requested transfer quantity for item 100013010 is greater than the quantity available to transfer from location 10001.
The maximum that can be transferred is 0 units."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms