Users Unable to Get Past Security Access Message When Over Tendering
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), users cannot get past the Security Access Message when tender over limit is reached. ORPOS runs into an infinite loop.
- Set fingerprint enable.
- Set value for parameter 'FingerprintLoginOptions' to FingerprintOnly.
- Configure POS with Digital Persona Fingerprint reader.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to POS with Cashier using fingerprint.
- Add an item 1234.
- Press tender.
- Enter Tender amount as 1000.
- Application prompts the message: "The amount of cash back is more than the maximum for this tender. Do you want to override the cash back limit? Press Yes to override. Press No to decline the override."
- Press 'Yes'.
- Application prompts for manager override with following message: "You do not have security access to Override Tender Limits. Do you want to get a Manager Override? Press Yes to get a Manager Override. Press No to return to the previous screen."
- Press 'Yes'.
- Scan manager's fingerprint for authorization. Steps 5 - 9 are repeated continuously.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms