ECE Throws Error Exception During Reverse Rating While Using Temporary Balances
(Doc ID 2094551.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) 18.104.22.168.0, Charging request specification
During a credit control request with Diameter Gy CCR Initiate (session command Credit-Control-Request supported by Diameter Gateway), when you request a quantity greater than the remaining credit on a balance, ECE makes first the rating with initial quantity. And then, on credit limit breaching it makes a reverse rating to provide the remaining quantity of the balance. Now, if you have a discount offer which impacts a temporary balance (Ebal), ECE throws an exception error:
- The parent account (sharer) holds the principal balance bucket of 5 GB, that is shared with all the members
- The member account can use the shared balance until the limit of 1 GB. This limit is defined through a balance MEMBER_LIMIT on user side. When reaching the quota limit, usage should be blocked for member.
- Requirement is to provoke an error with the credit limit exceeded, and trigger the reverse rating to rate an provide the remaining quantity, and also have a FUI in the response.
Use case details are present in the attached document.
Steps to reproduce :
- Creation of a discount offer that impacts the bucket balance and a temporary balance (Ebal) on usage event. A credit limit of 0 is set for bucket balance.
- Make a Credit control request (CCR Initiate request) with Gy session. Make sure that the requested quantity is greater than remaining credit on bucket balance.
- The operation fails. An exception error is thrown in ECE.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document