Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Team Member - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : EPPM 184.108.40.206 version, P6 Team Member Application
When attempting to update task in Team Member,
the following error occurs.
Error while trying to perform update: Errors located: PhysicalPercentComplete: Activity Percent Complete is based on activity steps and therefore cannot be modified.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a project in P6.
2. Go to Project Preference-> Calculations.
3. Select "Calculate Activity %complete from Activity steps" check box.
4. Now go to Project Preference->Team Member->Status Updates.
5. Select Activity Owner/Primary Resources radio button and check box "Include Primary Resources", Save the changes.
6. Go to Project->Activities page.
7. Create some activities under the Project created above.
8. Set Activity Percentage Complete Type as Physical.
9. Add Steps for activities,assign resources to activities.
10. Save the changes.
11. Log-in to Team Member app using the user credentials which is assigned to the task as an owner.
12. Select one of the above created task present in "My Task" tab.
14. Click start button on the selected task.
15. Update steps either entering the percent or clicking the check to identify the step is completed.
16. Click save, the system displays error: Error while trying to perform update: Errors located: PhysicalPercentComplete: Activity Percent Complete is based on activity steps and therefore cannot be modified.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot update task successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms