When Editing an Already Approved Item With Diffs By Adding a New Child, "local item short desc" Does Not Contain the Diff Value
(Doc ID 2094892.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When editing an already approved item with diff by adding a new child, the "local item short desc" does not contain the diff value and does not match with "local item desc"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new item with with diff
2. Create 3 children for 3 colors
3. Range the parent item to 2 locations (1 warehouse and 1 store). Submit and approve. All desc are correct in [itemloc] screen.
4. Edit the parent item and add a new diff (create a new child).
5. Check [itemloc] screen for the last child.
6. Note that "local item desc" is different than "local item short desc".
Due to this issue, items will flow in Store Inventory Management with the wrong description, and labels contain misleading info.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!