Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11.2.0 to 11.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In ECE PS7, RatedEventFormatter (REF) is going into infinite loop when it is not able to connect to BRM DB.
* On an up and running ECE system, it is possible that the BRM database went down or had some issue due to which REF lost the jdbc connection
* REF starts to print an error in its log file every millisecond and ends up increasing the size of the log very quickly
* Finally REF has to be stopped and started again after the database issue is sorted out
Steps to reproduce:
- start ece
- rate usage on an existing account and ensure that RatedEvent cache is populated
- start RatedEventFormatter
- shut down the database instance ( this is just to simulate the issue )
- rate another usage and ensure that RatedEvent cache is populated
- REF starts throwing the the below error message:
- it keeps printing this message continuously as though it is stuck in an infinite loop
- start the database back up, observe that REF still keeps printing this ERROR message continuously
- stop REF
- start REF
- now it runs ok and also processes the rated event from step 5
REF should reconnect well to the database once it is up and start processing the rated events.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms