RatedEventFormatter Is Going Into Loop When It Is Unable To Connect To BRM Database
(Doc ID 2095340.1)
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2.0 to 11.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In ECE PS7, RatedEventFormatter (REF) is going into infinite loop when it is not able to connect to BRM DB.
* On an up and running ECE system, it is possible that the BRM database went down or had some issue due to which REF lost the jdbc connection
* REF starts to print an error in its log file every millisecond and ends up increasing the size of the log very quickly
* Finally REF has to be stopped and started again after the database issue is sorted out
Steps to reproduce:
- start ece
- rate usage on an existing account and ensure that RatedEvent cache is populated
- start RatedEventFormatter
- shut down the database instance ( this is just to simulate the issue )
- rate another usage and ensure that RatedEvent cache is populated
- REF starts throwing the the below error message:
- it keeps printing this message continuously as though it is stuck in an infinite loop
- start the database back up, observe that REF still keeps printing this ERROR message continuously
- stop REF
- start REF
- now it runs ok and also processes the rated event from step 5
REF should reconnect well to the database once it is up and start processing the rated events.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document