Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 13.2 to 13.2.8 [Release 13.2]
Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 14.0 to 14.0.3 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Duplicated entry in the SA_TOTAL table when amending a declared total in Oracle Retail Sales Audit (ReSA)
Steps To Reproduce:
- Import a day of sales for a particular store.
- Close that store/day. (In the specific scenario when the day is closed all the declared totals are automatically generated with zero value or we can receive from the Transaction Log (TLOG) some values populated for some of them, for instance, for the Declared Cash.
- Ensure that for instance the Declared Cash total has some value in it as well as the reference fields associated to this total (ref_no2, ref_no3, ref_no4).
- Using the Transaction Maintenance screen correct the value for the declared Cash one to a different value and at the same time click the reference panel and delete the information previously added to the reference fields.
Note: This problem was detected when the user changed the value of the declared total do zero and emptied the reference field as the information in it is not needed when the value is zero.
- Click OK to commit the changes to that total to the Database.
- Open the Store Day Summary Screen and click the Total/Audit button to rerun the totals.
- Check that the over/short field has not changed, even though the Declared Cash Total was changed.
- Open the Over/Short totals menu option and confirm that we have 2 entries in the Declared part (Accounted For) related to the Declared Cash Total.
- Notice, in SA_TOTAL table a second line was added for the Declared Cash Total.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms