Cannot Create Location-Reference Point Mapping for Location_ID Greater Than 12 Characters in Length
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.2 to 13.2.8 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create Location-Reference Point mapping, the Location ID LOV does not show the full location name when location length is > 12 characters. As a result, the following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Have proper concentric setup.
- Have Forward Picking Location (FPL) locations having location_id greater than 12 characters ('LOC-9487439-05','LOC-9487439-06').
- Check if FPL locations have XYZ coordinates.
- Check if storage locations (LOC_BD_PICK01_RES) next to FPL's locations have coordinates.
- Create Putaway Plan with Concentric PA rules and assign it to items associated with the FPL locations.
- Create Reference points.
- Create Reference point mapping.
- Navigate to location reference point to make mapping between locations and Reference points.
- Click on Create button > Click on LOV of location_id.
- LOV displays the location_id only up to 12 characters.
- Select the location_id. "LOC-9487439-05" (LOV displays only LOC-9487439-) and select reference_point, type, and aisle. Click on save button.
- System throws the error "Unable to calculate distance for reference point."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms