Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.3.3 version, Import with no Discovery Privilege, gives a success update message.
Expect Agile should give a error message, tell user the import failed as no enough privilege
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a source file as below
Number Desc P2.Text02
KP00003 Part with Criteria Test0234
2. Login Java Client as admin
3. Create a criteria cri001: Items.Title Block.Number Starts With KP
4. Create a role with modify and Read Privilege for Items using above criteria.
5. Assign this Role along with Import Privilege to a user intg001
6. Create an Item KP00003, set Text02 = test
7. Login web client as the user intg001
8. Import the source file to update an existing attributes Parts.Page Two.Text02
9. It displays below message for the update in the import log:
Item 1(0 rejected,0 ignored )
10. Login web client as admin
11. Open the part KP00003, Text02 on Page Two is not updated
In step9 above, agile import should display failed message as user doesn't have discovery privilege.
When do Agile import with discovery privilege and no modify & Read privileges,Agile import fails and displays failed message as user doesn't have read and modify privileges. (that's correct and expected results)
When do Agile import with no discovery privilege and has modify & Read privileges,Agile import displays success message. (that's wrong, that's the exactly issue customer reported and need to be addressed)
In this scenario agile import should display failed message as user doesn't have discovery privilege.
Expected result for this case
the import log message is not correct, which means import should be failed to update the value because the user don't have discover priv, and the message should display import failed not success.
Eventhough import didn't actually modify the value import but the message is misleading that value is imported instead we should receive error .
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms