Unable To Manually Complete Crew Shift When No Activities Are Dispatched In MWM/ORS v2.2
(Doc ID 2100251.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management - Version 2.2.0 and later
Oracle Real-Time Scheduler - Version 2.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 2.2.0 version, Mobile Application
Unable to manually Complete Crew Shift when no Activities are dispatched
An issue was found where the Crew logs into a Crew Shift either accidentally or due to the MDT displaying the wrong Shift. Due to connectivity issues, this sometimes results in the Dispatchers having to perform a Force Logoff and manually Completing the Crew Shift. If the started Crew Shift does not have any Activities dispatched, when the Dispatcher attempts to Complete the Crew Shift, an error message is displayed preventing the update: “Resource Expiration date/time must be after resource effective date/time.”
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Plan a Crew Shift and Close the Shift (or create the Shift in a way that NO tasks are assigned/dispatched)
2. Start the Crew Shift from the MDT (do not begin work on any tasks). The Shift should be in the Out of Service Status.
3. As a Dispatcher, Force Logoff the Crew Shift
4. As a Dispatcher, Complete the Crew Shift. A warning is displayed prompting the user that Activities not marked for future shifts will be rescheduled. Click Ok to proceed.
5. Error message above, “Resource Expiration date/time must be after resource effective date/time.” Is displayed, preventing the user from closing the Shift.
a. If any Activities have been dispatched to the Crew, the error does not occur. It is only if the Shift starts, has no tasks dispatched, and then the Dispatcher attempts to Complete the Shift that the error occurs.
b. The Mobile Worker can Complete the Shift successfully from the MDT.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document