Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 1.12]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 1.11]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 1.11]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 1.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an operator's NMS environment is not connected to the network (i.e. a user shutdown their computer without logging off), using the Configuration Assistant to forcibly log that user out of the system (via the "Reset Login" button) does not work.
The operator is then able to reconnect their environment to the network without needing to sign back in.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Start web workspace on machine A as user X
2. Start the Config Assistant on machine B as user Y
3. Wait until the message "Unsubscribing due to inactivity: user X" appears in the NMS managed server's .out file.
4. Have user Y do a 'Reset Login' on user X in Config Assistant.
5. Verify that user X's environment is not automatically shut down.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms