Parts/Documents Attachment Tab Folder Description Field Length Cannot Be Modified
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Item Attachment Tab Folder Description field length cannot be modified
Item Attachments tab Folder Description is hard code with MaxLength 150
Folder Folder Description can increase max length over 150
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Update File Folders class -Title Block tab|Description (field Attribute:ATTACHMENT.DESCRIPTION)- Max Length=300
2. Create a File Folder object with Description of 300 characters
3. Add an attachment to the File Folder object
4. Go to an Item (Part/Document) - Attachment Tab|Search for the File Folder and add it as an attachment.
5. Edit the Folder Description field from the Attachments tab of the item,
the Folder description created gets truncated to 150 characters and results in loss of data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms