Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
When attempting to delete a Free Form Text (FF) User-defined Attribute (UDA) whose text is more than 30 characters long the following error occurs.
"validation says max length is 30"
Steps to Reproduce:
- For FF UDA whose text is less than or equal to 30 characters, the uda_text must be placed into the XItemRef.uda_value field.
- The XItemRef.uda_value field is specified as 30 characters.
- For FF UDA whose text is more than 30 characters:
- a field of >30 characters cannot be placed into uda_value
- if uda_value is not specified, or uda_value is the first 30 characters of the uda field, the UDA is not deleted.
- Assign a UDA text to an item with length more than 30 characters.
- Send an XItemUDADel message specifying the item, uda_id, and uda_value (uda_text)
- If uda_value is specified as full length (more than 30 characters), message is not accepted (validation says max length is 30)
- If uda_value is specified as a subset of the full lenght (<= 30 characters), error is reported as - PK_UDA_ITEM_FF_MISSING.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms