Last updated on JUNE 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Having a document with 2 files of the same type and selecting both of them and calling the Compare function in AutoVue while having a duplicate entry for the same filetype, mode and OS under Manager->External Applications, will result in AutoVue not opening with the following message: "Please select two files which can be viewed with AutoVue !"
The two files should still be opened in AutoVue disregarding the duplicate entry (filetype-OS).
What is working:
Removing the duplicate will restore proper functionality.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open JC and create a new 3d document
- Attach 2 bmp (or doc) files to the previously created document
- Go to Manager->External Applications and add a new entry for bmp or doc files on mode V having the same OS as the existing one. It is mandatory to have the AutoVue in the "Command" column.
- Go to the previously created document mask and select the 2 files of the same filetype. Right click and click on Compare in AutoVue
- Find message: "Please select two files which can be viewed with AutoVue !" displayed in the message panel and AutoVue viewer not starting up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms