Transferring task with Work Queue Manager - Service Request Tasks Option is Updating the UserID and Last Modified Date for all Tasks in the Order
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transferring Tasks in MSS are incorrectly updating the last_modified_user and last_modified_timestamp of all associated tasks in the order.
When an open task in MSS is transferred to another work queue, the last_modified_user and last_modified_timestamp are updated for ALL tasks associated with the order,
instead of only the task that was actually updated (which is the one that is being transferred).
The tasks that are being incorrectly updated include closed tasks, for which updates should be prevented.
We are aware that this information is also captured in the notes, however the free-form text nature of this field poses additional challenges in
parsing this information and does not appear to be an acceptable workaround at this time.
Transferring tasks to another work queue should update only the affected tasks.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. In Work Queue Mgmt
2. Select a task and right-click it and choose the option Service Request Tasks
3. Make the desired changes in the work queue for the task
4. Save on exit
5. The last_modified_user and last_modified_date are updated for ALL tasks associated with the order.
6. Doing the same changes using the Service Request Search - Task Maintenance produces the same unwanted behavior
User can get to this window by right-clicking the task and selecting Service Request Wizard or, from Order Mgmt
7. In either cases making NO changes, but saving on exiting the window, updates the last_modified_user and last_modified_date for all tasks in the order.
This problem is impacting the project's metrics, as it is preventing them from accurately capturing metrics on the user who has actually completed a task,
as the user's name who completes a task (and the completion date) are being incorrectly updated by subsequent updates to other tasks on an order,
which is showing the wrong user as having completed the task.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms