Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 6.1.0 to 6.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e6.1.3
Find that the execution of the BOM comparison with userexit xdiff_start_mmn results in a crash of the server process if field T_MASTER_STR.STEP_DESCR contains more than 259 characters.
xdiff_start_mmn is executed with following parameters
EDB-ARTICLE EDB-ARTICLE STR /SILENT /OUT=TABLE /ET='DIF/DIF_DT' /VIE=ART /NOKEYF /DEP=1 /CKEY=PART_ID
However, the crash can be reproduced even if the standard parameters are used.
no crash should appear (like it was in e6.1.1)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In the table T_MASTER_STR extend the field STEP_DESCR to 270 characters
2. Write the adapted table to the database by selecting the button "Create Database Object"
3. Change the size of field T_MASTER_STR.STEP_DESCR in masks EDB-ART-STR-RLI and EDB-ART-STR-RLI-C to 270 (and make it writable)
4. Reconfigure those two masks
5. Check the two BOMs you intend to compare and in each BOM update one record and add a content to T_MASTER_STR.STEP_DESCR that contains more than 259 characters
6. Save the updated records
7. Either create a new selection in the select menu of an item list with userexit xdiff_start_mmn and the above mentioned parameter or use the already available standard selection for comparing BOMs
8. Open item list and refresh
9. Select the two items with the BOMs you intend to compare and click in the context menu either the newly created selection or Structure | Comparison of BOMs
=> The mask for the BOM comparison is still opened but then the server crashes and the error message comes up: Connection to lost
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms