Blank Effective Date Causes Crash When Activity Is Saved after Initial Creation
(Doc ID 2109198.1)
Last updated on JUNE 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 10.0.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 10.1.2.1 version, Activity
When first adding an activity, a blank effective date does not cause a crash.
The built-in system validation prevents the activity from being saved as it is supposed to.
- Changing the TYPE (SQL, System, etc.) has no effect.
- When the activity is already saved (but not processed), or when recycling an already processed activity,
a blank effective date DOES crash if this field is blank.
The system sometimes shows the proper error, then crashes shortly after. (Missing Effective Date)
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create an activity for a Policy
2) Go to activity screen
3) Open activity Detail Screen for same activity to see its fields
4) Blank/clear the effective date field
5) Save the activity (Error will be thrown here) Stack trace is provided in attachments.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!