Invalid Item Rung at ORPOS Causing Problems in SIM Sales Import Process
(Doc ID 2110102.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that an invalid item that is sent to SIM via the input Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service (ORPOS) file is rejected. However, we find that both ORPOS and Retail Sales Audit (ReSA) applications allow such items in an ORPOS transaction.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Ring a transaction with an invalid item in ORPOS
2. Import sales transaction into SIM and ReSA
3. Observe that transaction is failed in both SIM and ReSA
4. Correct the transaction in ReSA by either flipping invalid item to a valid item or by removing the invalid item from the transaction
5. Run ReSA to SIM sales revision import batch
6. Observe that the transaction revision fails
7. Send a regular item's sale transaction with same transaction number as failed transaction
8. Find that the transaction from Step 7 also fails
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!