Auto Authorized Third Party Stock Count Updates Authorized Quantity Incorrectly for UPC Items
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when an auto authorized third party unit/unit and amount stock count is processed with an input file containing UPCs of the item, the authorized quantity is updated as one less than the counted quantity.
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a Unit or Unit and Amount product group schedule with counting method set to 3rd party and with "Auto Authorize" checked. Set the variance SUOM to 1.
- Add a parent item for which UPCs exist.
- Create a product group schedule, extract the stock count, and take snapshot.
- Prepare the input file as follows:
a. For example, the STORE_ITEM_STOCK.QUANTITY_TOTAL for the parent item is 5 at a given store for which the stock count is created.
b. Enter the FDETL records for the item with UPCs of the item - Ensure there are five FDETL records each with a quantity of 1.
- Run the ThirdPartyStockCountImport.sh batch with the input file. Note that the stock count is authorized and completed.
- Using the "Filter" button on Stock count screen, look up the just completed stock count.
- Click on 'Authorize' button and note that Count Qty, SOH columns show the correct quantity (5 in this example).
- Note that the Authorized qty shows one less than the count qty (4 in this example).
- Query STORE_ITEM_STOCK database table and note that the QUANTITY_TOTAL column is updated as one less than before (i.e., as the authorized quantity field shows, which in this case is 4).
- Recreate the issue with "Auto Authorize" button unchecked during the Product group creation and complete the stock count.
- Note that the stock on hand is correctly updated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms