Date Format Issue In Product Qulaity Management (PQM) Custom Sections / Extended Attributes
(Doc ID 2111432.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that if a custom section containing a date field is added to a PQM element (no matter if it is an Issue, an Action or an Audit) and the date field should be filled, the date is only correctly stored into the field if the Preferred Culture is set to "English (United States)".
If there is any other preferred culture set (tested with for example German (Germany), Italian (Italy) and French (France)) the month and the day in the date are switched when storing the record. So if a date of 05-Feb-2016 is entered, the date is saved as 02-May-2016. If the day is higher than 12 (which is an invalid month), the date is not saved at all.
This happens only on CS in PQM - other date fields in PQM seem to work fine.
Date fields on Custom Sections in PQM should not switch day and month on saving.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. With a user go to "Profiles and Preferences" and switch Preferred Culture to "German (Germany)"
2. Restart the client for the changes to take effect
3. Open PQM -> Audits (for example)
4. Search for an existing Audit (or create a new one)
5. Go to the Ext. Data tab and add a custom section that has an Extended Attribute of type date on it
6. Try to enter a date into that field
7. Save the Audit
=> The contents of the field is changed: the day and the month are switched. If a day is entered that is no valid month (for example 13), the date is not saved at all.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document